June Projects


Hurray! Ramon finished the new cabinets for the studio over the weekend I was in Fort Collins. He decided to forego hiring our carpenter and invest the money doing so would have cost him in purchasing a new set of tools and doing the job himself. This proved to be a smart decision. His shelves are everybit as well constructed and he is now the proud owner of a fine new skill saw and nail gun. It took a few coats of paint, but at last the job is done and all the goodies laying around on other surfaces of the studio can be brought back and put into some sort of organization on the shelves. Still need to refinish the concrete floor and put in the moldings. But that is a job for another day.

Marisa has left for a week's vacation with family in Southern California, wish I could say she took her crazy dog, Lola with her, but I'm babysitting. (Personally, I think Lola is Schizophrenic, she makes my childhood dog, Muffin, look like Lassie in comparison.) As you can see in the above photo, last month Lola had fading green colored ears. This month, she has her ears dyed red. (Evan says Lola now looks like one of the "Fraggle Rock" puppets from the childhood program the kids used to watch. I believe he's on to something here.) Is Marisa practicing to become a hairdresser to the dogs? She keeps threatening to dye Ripley's ears. Heaven forbid! Anyhow, while the mouse is away, I am busy trying to pique-assiette an early birthday present--a head board for her queensize bed. The frame is another creation by hubby, who is enjoying using his new toys, I mean tools. I have been collecting china for the past month to complete this project, in addition to a few ceramic pieces I made in the kiln. Still in the process of buying and putting together all the "shabby-chic" linens for the bedding-- going for that cottage look. Here's a peek at the main comforter.
Ramon took Marisa's chest of drawers, and bedside tables outside, sanded and primed them, and then used the paint sprayer to refinish them in the same white I've painted the bed frame. A considerable project for a Sunday. Decided to start with a pink and white heart in the middle. The pink ceramic arch says, "Paths are made by dreaming," which is a line from a poem I like. Finished the heart on Friday. (Took yesterday off to make 27 half-pints and 10 whole pints of my infamous pluot jam. This took a good 15 pounds of sugar and most all of the day to accomplish!) Here's the heart finished before I surrounded it with glass beads and miliflori. In the lower right corner it says, "To My Darling Daughter 2008," using alphabet beads.
As of Sunday evening, I've got a portion of it filled in, but still a long, long way to go. Thank goodness for books on tape. (Marisa gets back in a week and I need to have everything done and put together so that when she walks in her room, Voila! Instant makeover. I'm a nice mommie for doing her bedroom, but I'm going to deserve some kind of serious award for taking care of her neurotic dog!!!

Grouted with Teacups and all.Finshed product.Happy daughter!

Comments

bev said…
I have just now found your web site.
This headboard is absolutely gorgeous. Can't wait to take a look around and see all of your stunning accomplishments. Thank you for sharing.

Popular Posts